Change YOUR Joy; Change YOUR Life

My winter break just came to a close this past week. However, for the past 2 months I have been in great need of finding something to keep me busy and focused. I started crocheting. Crocheting scarves, bears, blankets, dolls, etc. Not having anywhere or anyone to give these to I paused to think what I could do with all of these things. It came to me one night while talking with one of my friends. She asked a simple question about what I planned on doing with these bears, and the answer just came out so quickly: "I want to make them and send them to Children's Hospitals." And with that Busy Hands Ministry was born.

The idea behind keeping my hands busy comes from the feelings of depression and anxiety that has been pressing down and around me over the past 6-7 months. There is an anxious nature that has been pressing upon me as my graduation date draws closer. This need and idea to have planned out the rest of our lives, know exactly the next steps, and decisions for the rest of time. The notion of being very alone in a large city has been draining my ability to beat back depression and the ugly nature that depression instills and brings forth in me. The ever present demands from work, families, school, and friends pull me in about a thousand different directions all at the same time. I woke up in the mornings without a drive to really get up and do anything. I would think to my self, "it is just easier to lay here and stay here, there is nothing going on in my life that I am needed for, nothing that gives me a feeling of need or purpose." This was an everyday struggle. Find the purpose, find a reason to get out of bed to continue and stay the course.

I started for fun creating, and this creation gave me such a sense of purpose and such JOY! I want to share this joy I have found to others. I started selling these little bears, along with elephants, blankets and scarves to help me buy supplies to make more of these little bears to pray over and ship to children hospitals. These JOY BEARS are thoughtfully created, prayed over and are sent out with a letter of care and encouragement.

This journey is showing me the simplest form of joy and purpose can change ones perspective in life. Not only can I spread a little joy but my heart is so full with joy from others and from this simple work and purpose I have found. I truly want this to be a ministry and an outreach. I want to be able to send a smile and share some love and let someone know that they are though about and prayed for!

The secret of life is simple: find the joy, live the joy, be the joy! 

You can find this ministry on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/BusyHandsBringJoy/
and  you can follow this life journey on Instagram at: thisjourneyofjoy

Most of all do not forget to Be a Blessing!

Comments

Popular Posts