Why Are You Telling Me What to Do!?

It is all about finding YOUR JOY!


Another go to is Trader Joe's never heard of it...I am so sorry!


It is finally FALL Y'ALL!!! That is my first wonderful piece of joy I am holding onto within this season. There is something about the change in the weather, the scenery, the flavors, and colors that just seems to lighten the mood and make the heart happy. When the first chill settles in at evening, the doors and windows are all opened and minus some minor allergies I am one happy camper.
It is these moments, these small little moments when the season changes, I see the leaves turn colors and fall, and yes, the pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING fills my day-to-day with joy. I have to remind myself regularly to take hold of these little moments of joy and really appreciate them. I have found that this is what life is made up of. It is easy for us to hold onto and remember the things in life that pull us from our high places or from our everyday. Life is made up of all these little moments strung together. The good, the bad, our joyous celebrations, and the moments that tear us down are all just little moments that make up each of our wonderfully, chaotic, beautiful lives.

This past weekend has been a string of joy moments in my life and I want to spread a little joy today.



1) For the fall season weekends take some time to go exploring and in the Cincinnati area you can end up in the 15th century. Every weekend in September and October people from all over the U.S. come to participate and enjoy the Ohio Renaissance Festival in all its time-period glory!

2) I love the concept and idea of farmer markets that seem to pop up everywhere during the fall/harvest season. I am very fortunate though to live nearby a forever farmers market and a staple in the Over The Rhine district of Cincinnati. Check out Findlay Market the oldest market in Cincinnati.

3) While exploring the many shops, vendors, live music and fresh foods at Findlay Market, one block over is Rhinegeist Brewery. A part of the revitalization of the OTR area, Rhinegeist has converted an old manufacture building into a multi-story brewery, family spot, reception hall and roof top bar. Come see the city from a new hight!

4) Another famers market/flower/orchard/berry picking place is Blooms & Berries. This is another fall favorite of ours to get our pumpkins, apples, mums, and get a fun corn maze in (essentially a great way for us to be kids again)

5) Every area has its preferences when it comes to ice cream. I grew up in the QC area of Illinois and we love our Whiteys Ice Cream and since I have moved down to the Kentucky area my new favorite is Graeter's Ice Cream. More importantly tis the season indulge in some Pumpkin Ice Cream!!!

6) Local coffee places are always a go to place no matter what time of year, but in the fall I love to cozy up with a good cup of coffee and a book. I have realized finding a really good coffee shop is difficult in a large city...no worries I have found one of the best! Check out Deeper Roots Coffee and you might just get lucky and on your visit the street fair could be going on!



You are equipped to find your joy in your everyday. Take hold of the little things and let those moments be what navigates you through your life. Remember that life is just made up of moments; moments of joy, moments of happiness, moments of struggle, and moments of triumph.

It is as simple as finding your JOY!

Blessings & Joy!


Comments

Popular Posts